These wonderful Mini Spice Cakes are so very moist and tasty, not only are they gluten-free, but they are sugar free as well. Yes, I said sugar free and gluten-free in the same sentence, and yes, I said they were delicious all at the same time! Everyone on your list is going to love these little babies! The smells that will be wafting through your house when these are baking…cinnamon, cloves, and ginger are mingled together into one decadent smell! I’m a girl that eats by smell and site. These Mini Spice Cakes have it all. Watch out, your neighbors will be knocking on the door to borrow a cup of flour because the aroma caught them while they were checking their mail. Better make some extras, get that tea pot out for these scrumptious Mini Spice Cakes and get ready to sit down and enjoy your well-deserved break.
These wonderful and delicious Mini Spice Cakes will be a winner no matter where you serve them. They go great with a cup of coffee or tea. Take them along to work or pack them up the kiddo's lunch for that added pick me up during the day.
- 2 Cups Almond Meal – I used Bob’s Redmill
- 1/8 teaspoon Cloves
- 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 3 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt – Optional
- 3 Eggs – Separated – Must be room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of Pure Vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of Raw Honey – Local from your area would be great.
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil – Melted and cooled – still liquefied
- Extra Raw Honey for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease miniature bunt pan (holds 12) or cupcake pan with coconut oil.
- In large bowl combine the following: Almond Meal, Cloves, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Ginger, and Salt. Mix well with wooden spoon. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the following: Coconut Oil (make sure this is cool as you don’t want to scramble your egg yolks), Honey, Egg Yolks and Vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whip Egg Whites – I used a wire whisk – whip until soft peaks form. When you pull up your wire whisk a peak in the egg whites will form and then immediately fall back, this is a soft peak. A firm peak will stand still.
- Combine your Almond Meal mixture with your Egg mixture, stir until incorporated. Fold in your Egg Whites until combined. Do not beat them in with whisk, use a wooden spoon and slowly fold them in.*
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Cool in Pan for 10 minutes and turn out on wire cooling rack. Cool for an hour and then drizzle with additional Raw Honey.
*Very important to fold in the egg whites and not to whip. This keeps the cakes light and airy!
These Mini Spice Cakes are a winner! Take along some extras to work and share at your morning coffee/tea break. Throw some in the lunch bags for the kids, but make sure to add a couple for sharing with friends and share some extra baked love. Bring them out for Sunday brunch or evening snack with the family and top them with a little whipped cream and an extra drizzle of raw honey with some shaved almonds or a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Doesn’t matter how you serve them; no one but you will be wiser and know how healthy these Mini Spice Cakes really are. They will disappear quickly so be sure to save – or better yet – hide a couple extra for yourself and enjoy them for that morning after pick me up!
From my kitchen to yours,
Want a few more breakfast ideas? Check them out right here!
What’s your favorite way to serve up your Mini Spice Cakes? Please share below…