Family Style Lasagna is home cooking at its best! The warm, cheesy, saucy goodness is so tasty that it will put you into a food coma of pure satisfaction. I really enjoy making this dish for my entire family and it’s a great meal for a take-along to someone’s house as an unexpected surprise. Not only is it gobbled up quickly, but they will be going back for seconds and thirds, so make sure you cook up an extra dish. You will need it! This Family Style Lasagna wins the blue ribbon in my house.
Family Style Lasagna is great for any night of the week. You can make this for family gatherings, entertaining, potluck meals and the left-overs are even better! That is, if there is any! In my house it goes quick, so make up a few dishes and put some in the freezer for a great meal to heat up on a moments notice.
- 1 Box – Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles*
- 1 LB – Ground Sirloin
- ½ Cup – Red Onion – chopped
- 2 16oz Jars – Marinara Sauce**
- 1 16oz Container – Small Curd Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- ½ Cup – Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup – Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon – Parsley
- ½ Tablespoon – Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon – Powdered Garlic
- 1 8oz Package – Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 Loaf – French Bread – sliced in rounds
- ¼ Cup – Butter
- 1 Tablespoon – Powdered Garlic
- Cook ground sirloin and onions in large skillet, making sure sirloin cooks in small pieces and not large chunks.
- In a medium bowl combine cottage cheese, grated parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, parsley and rosemary; set aside.
- In large bowl combine marinara sauce and cooked sirloin mixture and mix well.
- Assemble Lasagna
- You will be making layers in a 13x9 in glass baking dish or a baking dish of your choice.
- 1. Scoop marinara sauce on bottom of pan, this keeps noodles from sticking and scorching.
- 2. Make a single layer of noodles side by side – approximately 3 to 4 noodles.
- 3. Dollop cheese onto noodles with a small scoop or teaspoon. Mine looked like a checkered board once cheese is on.
- 4. Spread a ¼ cup of the shredded Italian cheese blend on top of cheese dollops.
- 5. Scoop marinara sauce over the top of the shredded Italian cheese mixture.
- 6. Repeat 2-5 until you've used all ingredients or pan is full.
- 7. Sprinkle additional shredded Italian cheese blend over the top.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove tinfoil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Slice bread in rounds.
- Heat butter and powered garlic in microwave until melted.
- Brush bread with butter and garlic and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
*I used Café Rice Lasagna No Boil. **I used homemade sauce I jarred last fall from our garden, but you may use any kind of sauce.
Family Style Lasagna is a great meal to serve while entertaining, a ladies luncheon, or to take for those potluck meetings where you need to bring a dish. This works well to pack in the hubby’s lunch, just make sure you pack more, because his lunch box will disappear without an extra dish. No matter what event, it’s sure to please all those lasagna lovers. Oh, and did I say…yes…it’s gluten-free – no taste has been spared! For those adult evenings, add a nice bottle of Chianti Classico to this meal for added smoothness. Buon Appetito!
From my kitchen to yours.
One of my favorite affordable Chianti Classico wines can be purchased at your local establishment.
How do you serve up your Family Style Lasagna? Please share below…