This Eggstra Pepper-Licious Delights recipe is a great way to get those kiddos involved in cooking. Not only are they fun to make, but the pepper rings look like little flowers or a nest for the egg to sit in. What a fun way to start out your Sunday morning, or any morning for that matter. Breakfast is not just for eating, anymore. The munchkins will be staying and watching these little Eggstra Pepper-Licious Delight rings through the oven door waiting to be able to gobble them up. Let them choose what color bell pepper they want, it keeps them involved and eating what they normally wouldn’t.
These quick and simple Eggstra Pepper-Licious Delights will keep everyone waiting and watching them cook through the oven door. Get those kiddos involved and have them help making these. Believe, me...they'll eat more and healthy this way!
- 2 Red Bell Peppers – Seeded and sliced in rings.*
- 1 Green Bell Pepper – Seeded and sliced in rings
- 8 Eggs. **
- 8 Turkey Sausage Links
- 2 Slices of Gluten-Free Bread toasted. ***
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook sausages on grill for 8 minutes. You can also cook these in the oven or on stove top.
- Seed and slice bell peppers into rings.
- Spray cookie sheet with oil.
- Lay pepper rings on pan and cook for 5 minutes in over at 350 degrees. Then remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Crack egg into pepper rings and return back to oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until egg whites are done.
- Remove from oven and place on plate with 2 sausage links and a slice of toast.
- Use the top and bottom of both bell peppers and chop up into fine pieces.
- Add salt and pepper, and sprinkle the chopped red and green bell pepper on the top.
*You may use any color bell pepper you choose. **Depends on how many people you are fixing for. I find most will want 2 eggs. ***Normally I make my own, but I had a loaf on hand from a local shop.
Bring a plate of sunshine to your table with these Eggstra Pepper-Licious Delights. You can satisfy the meat, eggs, and bread lovers all in one healthier meal. These cute little rings will keep the little ones smiling all through breakfast, especially if they got to help make them! Even your significant other can get in on the cooking. Have him (or her) fire up the grill and cook the sausage links up while the eggstra pepper-licious delights are cooking in the oven. Add a bowl of fresh fruit and a glass of your favorite juice or milk and you’re all set. My grandchildren eggspecially love to make these!
From my kitchen to yours,
How do you like to get your children involved in cooking? Please share below…