This Eggs-traordinary Cheesy Benedict with a Twist is a favorite in our house on the weekends, or any other day or night of the week. I twisted it up a bit differently than the normal with a cheesy sauce, spicy sausage and a potato round! Not only does my hubby love this warm creamy delight, but my grandchildren think it’s super fun – like they’re getting served the sun for breakfast. They especially love the idea of the sunny side-up egg on the top of all the gigantic pile…as they call it, and laugh the whole time they’re eating it! Even the non-egg loving ones over here eat this when it’s made. Can’t get any better than family laughter around your table on a weekend morning, so be sure to add this Eggs-tradordinary Cheesy Benedict with a Twist to your menu and have everyone smiling!
This Eggs-traordinary Cheesy Benedict is sure to put a smile and a little sunshine on everyone's plate. Grab the family and get to smiling this weekend!
- 2 Large Potatoes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 English Muffin Rings
- 2 Alfresco Spicy Chicken Sausages – all natural and gluten-free
- 1 Cup – Light Cream
- 4 Tsp – Gluten-Free Flour
- ½ Cup – Cheddar Cheese - grated
- ½ Tsp – Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Gluten-Free English Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- Peel and grate potatoes, rinse and drain on paper towels.
- Heat griddle to medium and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place English muffin rings on griddle and fill with grated potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until brown on each side, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Remove rings and set potato rounds aside.
- Cook 2 sausages according to package – takes about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice cooked sausage in half and then in half again, there will be 8 pieces. Set aside.
- Heat cream in sauce pan on med heat and bring to a simmer (bubbles around edges), while stirring.
- Whisk in flour and mix well.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add grated cheese and pepper and whisk until combined and cheese is melted.
- Set aside.
- Toast English muffin until until lightly brown.
- I cooked mine on the griddle using the muffin tins. Once eggs are cracked into muffin rings on griddle, place a sheet of tinfoil over griddle and cook for 3 minutes. Eggs are done when whites are no longer runny.
- Place one toasted English muffin on center of plate, then add one potato round, then 4 pieces of cooked sausage, then sunny side egg, and top with cheesy sauce. Add a little ground black pepper on top of everything and you’re done!
Prep and cook time will vary. This will depend on how brown and how you like your eggs cooked. I would suggest cooking sausage and potatoes at the same time, then cheesy sauce, and while that sets...cook eggs and muffins at the same time.
Serve up this Eggs-traordinary Cheesy Benedict with a Twist on a bright sunny weekend morning, brunch or evening meal…eggs are not just for breakfast anymore! Fuel up those bodies with some creamy goodness that’s sure to keep them running at full speed. Keep those smiling faces and bellies full with this meal. Close up those boxes of cereal, get those eggs out, and whip up this Eggs-traordinary Cheesy Benedict and put some sunshine on their plates while bringing in the summer on a cold winter’s day. Your family will be grinning and talking about this for the rest of the day!
From my kitchen to yours,
How do you like your Eggs-traordinary Cheesy Benedict with a Twist? Please share below…