Double Chocolate Glazed Donuts are one of my all-time favorite sweet treats to make and have on hand for those days when the grandkids ride the bus here after school. Don’t be fooled by the look, these healthy…Yep…I said healthy (no sugar in the batter, except for chocolate chips) little snacks and a glass of milk are just what they’ll need after that busy day at school. As they sit down for their snack, it’s a good reason for you join them and have another one of these delicious treats with them and talk about their busy day. Warm them in the microwave for a few seconds and had a scoop of ice cream or some whip topping for that added little extra yum factor! These Double Chocolate Glazed Donuts will cure all those cravings and kill the long day at school blues.
These Double Chocolate Glazed Donuts are a delectable sweet snack! They go great with a glass of milk, your favorite juice, or any beverage of your choice.
- ½ Cup - Almond Milk
- ¼ Cup – Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup – Raw Honey*
- 1 Tsp – Vanilla
- 1 Cup – Gluten-Free Flour
- ¼ Cup – Cocoa
- 2 Tsp – Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp – Sea Salt
- ½ Cup – Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup – Chocolate Chips
- 1 TBS – Coconut Oil
- 1/8 Tsp – Vanilla
- Sprinkles for decorating – Optional
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa into medium bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl whisk egg, milk, vanilla, olive oil, and honey until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Add chocolate chips with wooden spoon until combined.
- Scoop batter into greased donut pan.** Do not over fill, only fill 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 12 minutes until done.
- Donuts are done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil using double boiler on stove stop.
- Once chocolate has melted add vanilla and stir until nice and shiny.
- Dip top of cooled donuts into warm chocolate and place on cooling rack.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
*Raw honey from your local Bee keeper is the best to use. It taste fantastic. If you can’t get local honey, then raw honey from your local store will work just as well. **I used a mini bundt pan that holds 12.
These Double Chocolate Glazed Donuts have a little tiny crunch on the outside with a nice soft and moist inside. Oh, and the chocolate glaze…yum…is so very creamy, and oh, so good! You’ll be glad that they’re mini sized, because you’ll want to eat them all before you serve them up! Make sure you hide some in a safe spot for yourself so you can go back later, when everything is quiet, and have another one, or two. Serve them up with your favorite cup of warm tea, glass of milk or a beverage of your choice and you’ve got a great afternoon snack or end to a perfect evening. If you have any left-overs wrap them up and give everyone a little delight in their lunchbox. When the grandkids stay the night I love to add one with a little sticky note from Grammie.
From my kitchen to yours,