Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta is on the menu at our house tonight. This is one of my favorite go to meals when I’m late getting home or just don’t want to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen. This quick and easy meal is great for those late nights at work through the week. You can have a delicious home cooked meal on the table in no time at all. So pass on by that fast food place and no need for those take-out menus, because this Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta will be done before the delivery guy can ring your door bell.
This Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta dish is a great go-to quick and simple meal to make on those fast-paced work nights when you're running late and want a home cooked meal on the table quickly.
- 2 Cups - Gluten Free Pasta* – cook according to package
- 3 Cups – Fresh Broccoli Florets**
- ½ Cup – Red Onion – chopped
- 2 Tablespoons – Olive Oil
- 1 Small Pack – Chicken Strips – cubed
- 3 Tablespoons – Chives – chopped
- 12 – Cherry Tomatoes – sliced in halves
- 2 Tablespoons – Butter
- ¼ Cup – Parmesan Cheese – shredded
- ¼ Cup – Light Cream
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic – To Taste
- Cook pasta according to package, adding a teaspoon of garlic to water instead of salt..
- Saute onion and chicken in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Put broccoli in 2 quart pan of boiling water, cover lid and remove from heat and leave for 5 minutes, then drain and add to onion and chicken mixture.
- Add chives, tomatoes, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add drained pasta and mix well.
- Add a side salad and your meal is complete.
*I used Barilla Gluten-Free Elbow Pasta. **You can use frozen broccoli just thaw them before adding to pan.
This Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta is quick, easy, and delicious home cooking at its best. Your family will think you spent hours in the kitchen cooking up this fabulous meal. I’ll keep your secret and never tell them how fast this dinner was made. Add a side salad of fresh mixed greens and a slice of crusted bread and you’ve got a complete meal to set on the table in under an hour. Pair this with a bottle of chilled, crisp Pinot Grigio for the adults and you’re all set.
From my kitchen to yours,
Update – I had to come back and add a quick update about this tasty little dish. We made this again last week 10/04/15 for a family gathering (at the last minute) at our house and not a single person left the table hungry! They cleaned the pot and left no left-overs for anyone to take home with them. I got the grandchildren to eat broccoli and tomatoes without any complaints! I’m one happy Grammie when that happens.
With this meal I typically serve Santa Margherita’s Pinot Grigio.
How are you going to serve your Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta?