Yummy…look at those plump and juicy Blueberry Breakfast Scones! These aromatic, mouth watering scones are to die for. You can feel the burst of those scrumptious warm blueberries on your fist bite and then the addiction starts. The aroma alone will have you standing in front of your oven tapping your foot waiting for the timer to go off! Get your blockades out because there’s going to be a fight for who gets the first one and who takes the last one. If you’re like me…you will be the first to pick and the last one to take one of the Blueberry Breakfast Scones. Grab one from the middle too, and save it for later.
Serve with some homemade jam or butter and enjoy! I would suggest hiding some for yourself as soon as they are out of the oven, because they will be gone before you can turn around.
- 3 ½ - Cups – King Arthur’s Gluten Free Flour*
- 2 Teaspoons – Baking Powder
- 1/8 Cup of Stevia
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Cup of COLD Butter – cubed
- 2 Eggs - beaten
- ¾ Cup Almond Milk
- 1 ½ Cups of Fresh Maine Blueberries**
- Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Cut butter into flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt (I used a fork) until crumbly.
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Add to flour mixture until all ingredients are moist.
- Pour out onto floured surface and gently knead in the blueberries.
- Cut dough in half and pat dough into rounds.
- Lay rounds on cookies sheet and slice like you were slicing a pie.
- Gently move pieces apart and sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 30*** minutes.
*This Blueberry Breakfast Scones recipe is gluten-free; however, you can substitute regular flour in place of gluten-free flour. **I use fresh blueberries from our Local Maine Farmer, but you can use frozen if fresh are unavailable. *** This will depend on how hot your oven cooks and how brown you like your scones. I cooked mine for 25 minutes.
These Blueberry Breakfast Scones are not just for breakfast! We love them with a dollop of vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of fresh blueberries on top, or add some honey butter. Oh darn…now I’ve got to run to the kitchen for more! After posting this I hungry for some more of those Blueberry Breakfast Scones! Whatever meal you decide to service these with – breakfast, lunch, dinner, or for a midnight snack – it won’t matter…they will be gone in no time.
From my kitchen to yours,
How do you like your scones and WHEN? Please share below…