It’s that time of year again! Yep! You guessed it. It’s The Veggie Bowl! Here’s one of my favorites to make on game day. It keeps all those veggie lovers satisfied. Whether they are running down the sideline or kicking in the winning goal, they will be heading back to The Veggie Bowl for more. This is a quick, easy, and fun side dish to my Kick Off Kabobs and a starter for those Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip. Get your team together in the kitchen and get them busy cutting up these fresh vegetables and kick off your game with a goal! Oh, don’t forget to add the Half-Time Blackbean Brownies and Game Day Chocolate Chip Cupcakes.
Get your game on with this fast, easy and fun recipe. It's The Veggie Bowl! Add the Kick Off Kabobs, Touch Down Wings with Field Goal Dip and Half-Time Blackbean Brownies. To finish up add the Game Day Chocolate Chip Cupcakes and have everyone voting you Coach of the year.
- 1 - Head of Cabbage
- 3 – Stalks of Celery
- 1 - Red Pepper
- 1 - Green Pepper
- 1 - Yellow Pepper
- 1 - Cucumbers
- 5 - Radishes
- 3 – Large Carrots
- 1 - Jicama
- Vegetable Dip*
- Slice top off of cabbage and scoop out center to use as your bowl for veggie dip.
- Save leaves to line in between each veggie.
- Place cabbage bowl with dip in center of a large serving bowl.
- Clean all peppers and discard seeds.
- Peel carrots and discard peelings.
- Slice celery, red, green and yellow peppers, jicama, and carrots in thin long strips.
- Slice cucumbers and radishes in thin rounds.
- Working from the outside in line bowl with cabbage leaves and place veggies around bowl
- Keep doing this until all is placed in layers around cabbage bowl.
*I cheated this time and used a store bought French onion dip, but if you would like a good homemade dip then head on over to my Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip.
You won the coin toss and are ready to get your game on and set your field goal table starting with The Veggie Bowl. They will be running to the table to devour the whole bowl. Lucky for you, you added your second team of Kick Off Kabobs, while bringing in the Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip. Just as things are getting scary out on the field, you throw in some Half-Time Blackbean Brownies and finish the game as the winner with Game Day Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. The crowd huddles around you and hands you the trophy – best of – for game day meals.
From my kitchen to yours,
What’s your best game day meal? Please share below…