Yes, it’s Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip time and you’re the kitchen quarterback going for that big win. Get your home field advantage and set up for the Super Bowl. Be the star of the game and score the winning points with your team on their favorite day. These tender, juicy, spicy, crunchy wings will leave the crowd screaming for more. They’ll disappear fast, so run on down that field and get there first, so you can scoop up some before the crowd devours them all. Make sure to have extras, because you’re gonna need more of these Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip for your hungry team. Believe me, they will be lined up on the sideline waiting to grab one and then they’ll be heading for the dip! It’s a goal each and every time.
Need a back-up plan? Add in some of those delicious Football Sunday Black Bean Salsa Wraps and wrap up those appetites.
You'll be collecting that trophy at the end of the day. Get your best apron out and parade through the crowd as they throw cheers and thank you's in your direction. Take a small bow and enjoy the win with these Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip.
- 1 – Large pack of Whole Wings – 20-24 wings
- ¼ Tsp – Salt
- ¼ Tsp – Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp – Mrs. Dash Original
- 4 Tbsp. – Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. – Paprika
- 1 Cup – Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour*
- 1 Cup – Organic Rice Flour
- 1 Quart – Wesson Oil
- 4 Quart – Cooking Pot
- ~~Field Goal Dip~~
- 1 Cup – Mayo
- 1 Cup – Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup – Buttermilk**
- 1/8 Tsp – Ground Garlic
- ¼ Tsp – Dill Weed
- 1/8 Tsp – Paprika
- 1/8 Tsp – Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tbsp – Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 3 Tbsp – Chopped Chives
- Pinch – Salt and Pepper
- Touch Down Wings
- Rinse and drain wings well. Cut off tips and cut wings in half.
- Place wings in plastic bag. Add to bag: 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, ½ tsp Mrs. Dash original, 2 tbsp cayenne pepper and ½ tbsp. paprika.
- Mix wings and seasoning in bag well to distribute seasoning throughout wings.
- Refrigerate bag of wings for at least 1 hour so wings and seasoning can marry (marinate).
- In large bowl combine both flours and remaining seasonings and mix well.
- After wings have married, remove from refrigerator and set aside until oil heats.
- Pour oil into cooking pot and heat to 340 degrees. (Be careful, oil is extremely hot)***
- Dredge (coat) wings in flour mixture and add to oil.
- Cook wings for 7 minutes per batch (I fry 5 wings per batch).
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel to absorb extra grease.
- While Wings are cooking mix up your dip.
- ~~Field Goal Dip~~
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in refrigerator until wings are done.
*Any gluten-free flour may be used. **You can make your own buttermilk by adding a tsp of vinegar to your milk. ***I use a thermometer and keep it clipped to side of cooking pot to make sure heat stays between 330 and 340 degrees. Please be careful, oil is very hot. Do not allow children to fry wings.
No need for the kicker to shank the kick on these Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip, they make a field goal every time. After you collect your glory and do your winning dance at the end of the field for that long pass and score, add in The Veggie Bowl and Kick Off Kabobs to the roster, along with those deliciously chocolate Half-Time Brownies. Doesn’t matter what team you’re cheering for, it’s all good! Remember…you’re the kitchen quarterback, and you’ve got this! There’s no one that can stop you from kicking this goal or making that touch down. Get your cheer squad screaming with these Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip.
From my kitchen to yours,
Want to add a delicious dessert to your list? Try my Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Cupcakes for the final win.
How do you make your Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip? Please share below…