Want to surprise that special someone with a bowl of Tempting Tomato Soup for lunch or dinner? Then pull out the cooking pots and get your apron on, because you are going to love the taste of this homemade soup much as you’re going to enjoy making it. The first spoonful of this luscious temping tomato soup on your tongue feels like a silky smooth herb-infused tasty bite. It’s sexy and tempting and full of a sweet spicy cheesy texture that is oh so good. The crisp of the crumpled bacon on top of the added mozzarella cheese will tantalize your taste buds and leave your mouth wanting more. After you try this Tempting Tomato Soup all your senses will be in pure food heaven.
What a wonderful way to warm up the soul. This Tempting Tomato Soup will have the sweetheart in your house begging for more. Add your favorite grilled sandwich and you've got one happy person.
- 3 Large Fresh Tomatoes – diced
- ¼ Cup – chopped very fine
- 3 Tablespoons – Olive Oil
- 1 Can – Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Can – Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Tomato Juice – Large Container - 64 oz
- 1 Tablespoon – Stevia
- ½ Teaspoon – Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon – Dun Dried Tomato Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon – Crushed Red Peppers
- 1 Teaspoon – Spinach & Herb Seasoning
- 1 Garlic Glove – crushed
- 2 Teaspoons of each – Salt and Pepper - or to taste
- ½ Cup of Light Cream
- 2 Tablespoons – Butter
- 4 Strips – Crisp Bacon – 1 strip per topping of each bowl
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – for bowl topping
- Sautee onions with olive oil in a large pot, cook until translucent.
- Add garlic, can tomatoes, all seasonings - cook until infused.
- Add tomato juice and fresh tomatoes and blend with a hand blender to emulsify all ingredients. Cook on low for approximately 1 hour, stirring every so often.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes with lid on.
- Add cream and scoop into bowls.
- Once in bowls top with shredded cheese, bacon and serve with your favorite grilled sandwich*.
*I made a grilled bacon, tomato, and cheese grilled sandwich along with a small side salad to finish off this wonderful meal.
Want to raise things up a notch and hit all the hunger senses? Add in a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato and you have now reached the extreme yum factor. My husband went crazy over this soup and he is not a soup lover by any means; but this Tempting Tomato Soup with the grilled sandwich was a hit. I got a big hug in the end and his ever so pleasant and warm remarks of, while deep breathing and patting his belly saying…’ahhh, that’s why I married you!’
From my kitchen to yours,
Do you have a special soup that you enjoy making? Is it tempting and tasty? Please share below…