Kale, Kale and more Kale! Get your crunch on with these Krispy Kale Chips. If you’re a chip lover like I am and just can’t give up that crunch, and you’re feeling a little left out while others are chomping away on those crispy bag of chips, then these oven baked Krispy Kale Chips is the recipe for you. This is also a wonderful recipe to get the kids involved and get them into eating a healthy snack. My granddaughter loves making these! So throw away those processed bags of boring chips and snack on these good for you, no guilt and so flavorful, amazing snack!
When I make up these tasty Krispy Kale Chips I make up a couple of batches at a time. They don't last very long once they're out of the oven. My granddaughter can eat half a bag herself.
- A large bag of Kale *
- 2 Tbsp. - Olive Oil
- Sea Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- 1 – Clove Garlic – minced
- Rinse, drain and pat kale dry with paper towel.
- Break leaves away from stems and tear into smaller pieces.**
- Spread a single layer of kale on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle spices.
- Mix well with hands.**
- Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Stir and return to oven for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Chips are done when edges are a little brown and the kale is crispy.
*Support your Local Farmers when available. **This is where the kids get to do their job. Get them involved by tearing the leaves and getting their hands in there to mix things up.
This is a great snack on those evenings when you want something crispy. Use other spices and kick it up some! This is a winner in my house on movie night or any other night. Kale is also delicious sauteed in a pan with a little coconut oil, salt, pepper and some red pepper flakes for some added zing!
How do you spice up your Kale? Please share below…