Game’s almost to the half-way point, the crowd is getting restless, and it’s almost time for those Half-Time Blackbean Brownies. You hear the 2 minute warning and you know your team will be running for the table as soon as that first commercial hits. You take off running to head them off at the pass, and grab a plate of those Half-Time Blackbean Brownies to keep the roaring crowd at bay. Whew, you made it! You peer around the corner and see nothing but smiles all around. Then you realize it gives just enough time to also have out those Touch Down Wings and Field Goal Dip – sure to please everyone. Being the family’s kitchen quarterback, you’re guaranteed to get the first down every time with these Half-Time Blackbean Brownies.
These Half-Time Blackbean Brownies are sure to take you all the way down the field. Stay a step ahead and hide some for yourself in the back field.
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons - Coconut Oil - melted
- ½ Cup - Coca Powder
- ½ Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- ½ Cup - Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup - Ghirardelli Chocolate – cut into small chucks
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ - Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 8x8 Square pan.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.*
- Drain and rinse blackbeans well.
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolates and pecans) until smooth.
- Once batter is smooth, mix half of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks in with the blackbean batter.
- Spread into prepared 8x8 pan.
- Put remaining chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and pecans on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Brownies are done when inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
*Be sure to use that parchment paper on the bottom of the pan to keep brownies from sticking. I found out the hard way!
Whether you are fixing these fabulous Half-Time Blackbean Brownies for the play-off games, the super bowl, or a high school game, you’ll be a winner at all of them. It’s a great way to sneak in something healthy with all those chocolate lovers on your team. Make sure to stand up there at the front of the line to collect your reward. Heck, this may even get you a championship t-shirt! Oh, don’t forget to add The Veggie Bowl, and Touch Down Wings with Field Goal Dip to the list of winning recipes. You will be taking home the game winning trophy.
From my kitchen to yours,
How do you make your Half-Time Blackbean Brownies? Please share below…