This Filet Mignon with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is a perfect recipe for that special someone in your life. The filet is a delicate, smooth, creamy bite of goodness. The slight char on the outside enhances the mild seasonings of fresh rosemary and thyme. Combining the seasonings along with the butter that the filet was cooked in, makes it a slice of pure goodness. Oh, and the Bacon Wrapped Asparagus are to die for! The slight crunch of the bacon and the snap of the asparagus when you bite into them…oh everything’s good with a little bacon! Include a side of my Pine Nut Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes and the favorite Valentine in your life will be completely and utterly food satisfied.
This Filet Mignon and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe is one of my all occasion go to meals. It's relatively quick, simple but very elegant. It's sure to bring an extra smile from that special person in your life.
- Filet Mignon
- 2 Filet Mignon
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Sea Salt – to taste
- Large oven proof skillet
- 12 Fresh Asparagus Stalks
- 1 Slice of Bacon* – cut in half
- Olive Oil – to drizzle
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Parchment Paper – to cover baking pan
- Bring filets to room temperature.
- Salt each side.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Tie sprigs of rosemary and thyme together in a bundle.
- Heat oven proof skillet on top of stove until really hot, you want the filets to sizzle when you put them in.
- Put filets in dry pan and don’t move them around for 3 minutes.**
- Turn filets over, add butter and seasoning bundle and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- While cooking, baste top of filets with butter.
- Put oven proof skillet in preheated oven for 5 minutes.**
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Snap tough ends from asparagus.
- Wrap 6 asparagus stalks with bacon and tie off with twine.
- Drizzle each bundle with olive oil and sprinkle on seasoning.
- Line baking pan/sheet with parchment paper and arrange asparagus bundles a few inches apart.
- Bake for 6 minutes at 400 degrees or until bacon is slightly crispy.
*Use a good brand of bacon, you don’t want to skimp on this part. Believe me, it does make a difference after the asparagus bundles have cooked. **This cooking time is for medium rare. For rare just lesson cooking time by 1 minute.
The sweetheart in your life is going to love this Filet Mignon with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus any day of the week or on any occasion. This is the perfect date night meal for that special person in your life as well. Top off this romantic evening by adding some Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries with White Chocolate Drizzle and a chilled bottle of dessert wine. You can’t go wrong serving chocolate and wine at any time. Finish the evening up sitting by a cozy fire or watching a movie. However you spend your night, I hope it’s an enjoyable one. Happy Valentine’s Day.
From my kitchen to yours,
Red Wine: Pair up the Filet Mignon with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus and a bottle of Louis Jadot.
White Wine: Pair of the Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries with White Chocolate Drizzle with a chilled dessert wine from Chateau Ste. Michelle.
What are you cooking up for Valentine’s Day for that special someone in your life? Please share below…