I love to eat these Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries & White Chocolate Drizzle any day or night of the week. I don’t need a reason or special occasion to eat strawberries and chocolate. The ever so decadent sweet creamy taste of the chocolate and the ripe freshness of biting into that strawberry, has all of your senses going at the same time. Oh My Gosh! Oops…I got sidetracked thinking about eating these delicious little babies. Keep your Valentine happy on this lovers holiday and serve up these Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries & White Chocolate Drizzle – they are a great finish to my Filet Mignon and Bacon Wrapped Asparagus.
Serve a plate of pure decadence to your loved one. These Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries & White Chocolate Drizzle are a little plate of Heaven. Serve with your favorite dessert wine and finish off the evening. Happy Valentine's Day!
- 1 Pint – Strawberries
- ½ Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Bar
- ½ Teaspoon – Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Dash – Cayenne Pepper*
- 2 Squares – Ghirardelli White Chocolate Bar
- ¼ Teaspoon – Coconut Oil
- Small piece of wax paper
- Clean and de-stem strawberries**
- Melt ½ teaspoon coconut oil and dark chocolate in microwave safe cup.
- Cool for 1 minute and then dip in strawberries and lay them on wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Drizzle some dark chocolate on top of a small white plate and put plate in refrigerator until ready for use.
- Melt ¼ teaspoon coconut oil and white chocolate in microwave safe cup.
- Remove dark chocolate covered strawberries from refrigerator and drizzle them with white chocolate.
- Arrange strawberries on top of chocolate decorated plate and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
*Cayenne Pepper is optional. I like a little heat with chocolate, it brings out the flavor more. **Except for the one used in the middle of the plate
A box of chocolates…forget about it! Just give your loved one a plate full of these Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries & White Chocolate Drizzle and you will be at the top of their list. Surprise them with a chilled bottle of desert wine to go along with these little beauties and serve your love some heaven on a plate this Valentine’s Day.
From my kitchen to yours,
My favorite chilled dessert wine to enjoy is Chateau Ste. Michelle’s Gewurztraminer.
How do you serve up your strawberries? Please share below…